IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Old Donkey Turned Restive at Last, 1848
The Old Donkey Turned Restive at Last
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 17 7/8 inches (30.5 x 45.4 cm), Image: 10 1/4 x 12 7/8 inches (26 x 32.7 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 896"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "PUBLISHED BY T MCLEAN 26 HAYMARKET MARCH 21st 1848"; lower center: "THE OLD DONKEY TURNED RESTIVE AT LAST."; lower right: "PRINTED BY MCLEAN & CO 70 ST MARTINS LANE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | baggage | bags | bales | boxes | burden | cargo | donkey | fighting | genre subject | old | political | politicians | reins | satire | satirical | sketches | taxation | taxes
- Associated People:
- Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
Wood, Sir Charles, 1st Viscount Halifax (1800 - 1885), politician/statesman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.