Materials for a Strong and Adhesive Government: A peep into the Lobby, on the Occasion of a Late Division.
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 15/16 inches (30.8 x 45.5 cm) and Image: 9 3/16 x 12 7/8 inches (23.4 x 32.7 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 899"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "London Published April 26, 1848 by Thos McLean, 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "MATERIALS FOR A STRONG AND ADHESIVE GOVERNMENT. | A peep into the Lobby, on the occasion of a late Division."; lower right: "Printed at 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | beards | canes | discussion (meeting) | fancy dress | gathering | genre subject | government | happy | lobby | materials | men | noblemen | parody | political | politicians | satire | satirical | sketches | top hats
- Associated People:
- Nugent, George Thomas John, 1st Marquess and 8th Earl of Westmeath (1785-1871), politician
Bright, John (1811-1889), politician, reformer, MP for Durham and Birmingham
Bentinck, Lord George (1802-1848), politician/statesman, athlete/sportsman
Disraeli, Benjamin, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield (1804-1881), politician/statesman, author/poet
Bowring, Sir John (1792-1872), linguist, political economist, reformer, writer/editor, MP, and Governor of Hong Kong
Pattison, James (fl. 1841-1849), MP for London until 1841, and between 1843-1849
Molesworth, Sir William (1810-1855), MP, editor, secretary of state
Cobden, Richard (1804-1865), MP, campaigner and free trader
Muntz, George Fredrick (1794 - 1857), MP for Birmingham
Sibthorp, Col. Charles de Laet Waldo (1783-1855), MP for Lincoln
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Materials for a Strong and Adhesive Government: A peep into the Lobby, on the Occasion of a Late Division, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.