The (Modern) Deluge
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 12 x 18 1/16 inches (30.5 x 45.8 cm) and 9 13/16 x 14 1/16 inches (25 x 35.7 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 901"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "London, Published May 22nd 1848 by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "THE (Modern) [in italics] DELUGE. | AFTER RAPHAEL"; lower left: "Printed at 70, St Martin's Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | capes | clouds | constitution | countries | crowns | deluge | drowning | fear | floods | genre subject | house | kings | leisure | men | meteorology | parody | political | politicians | rain | satire | satirical | science | sketches | storm | swimming | trees | weather | wind
- Associated People:
- Raphael (1483-1520), Italian painter and architect
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Deluge (Yale Center for British Art, 2018-12-18 - 2019-03-24) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]