IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, A Parliamentary "Souvenir", 1848
A Parliamentary "Souvenir"
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/8 x 11 15/16 inches (46 x 30.4 cm), Image: 10 1/2 x 10 3/16 inches (26.7 x 25.8 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 905"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "London, Published October 21st 1848, by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: " A PARLIAMENTARY 'SOUVENIR'."; lower right: "Printed at 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | bills | genre subject | man | parliament | parody | political | politician | portrait | satire | scrolls | sitting | sketches | souvenir | thoughtful | top hat
- Associated People:
- Bentinck, Lord George (1802-1848), politician/statesman, athlete/sportsman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.