A Parliamentary "Souvenir"
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/8 x 11 15/16 inches (46 x 30.4 cm) and Image: 10 1/2 x 10 3/16 inches (26.7 x 25.8 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 905"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "London, Published October 21st 1848, by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: " A PARLIAMENTARY 'SOUVENIR'."; lower right: "Printed at 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | bills | genre subject | man | parliament | parody | political | politician | portrait | satire | scrolls | sitting | sketches | souvenir | thoughtful | top hat
- Associated People:
- Bentinck, Lord George (1802-1848), politician/statesman, athlete/sportsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, A Parliamentary "Souvenir", 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.