The Man Wot "Whips the House Out"
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 x 11 13/16 inches (43.8 x 30 cm) and Image: 13 1/16 x 9 3/16 inches (33.1 x 23.4 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 916"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published by T M.cLean 26 Haymarket July 24, 1849"; lower center: "THE MAN WOT 'WHIPS THE HOUSE OUT'."; lower right: "Printed at 70 St Martin's Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | coat | collar | fancy dress | genre subject | house | nose | political | politician | porch | portrait | posing | profile | satire | satirical | sketches | top hat | whips
- Associated People:
- Hill, Arthur Marcus Cecil Sandys, 3rd Baron Sandys (1798 - 1863), Whig politician, MP
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Man Wot "Whips the House Out", 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.