- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 × 14 3/4 inches (27.5 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 9/16 × 12 1/4 inches (24.3 × 31.1 cm), Image: 6 9/16 × 9 11/16 inches (16.7 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.284"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "76"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Ullswater, | Cumberland. | London, Published 1835, for the Proprietor by Hodgson, Boys & Graves, 6, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J.T. Willmore. | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | England | Ullswater | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Ullswater, Cumberland, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.