Portrait of Lawrence When a Boy
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 9/16 x 5 3/16 inches (21.8 x 13.1 cm) and Image: 5 9/16 x 3 15/16 inches (14.2 x 10 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, of mount, lower right: "25A | n/6"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thos. Lawrence."; lower center: "Portrait of Lawrence when a Boy. | London. Published by H. Colburn & R. Bentley. 1831."; lower right: "Engraved by T. A. Dean."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | boy | child | coat | curls | oval | portrait | sash | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Lawrence, Sir Thomas (1769–1830), painter and draughtsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Anthony Dean, 1801–1860, British, Portrait of Lawrence When a Boy, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.