Portrait of Lawrence When a Boy
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 8 9/16 × 5 3/16 inches (21.8 × 13.1 cm), Image: 5 9/16 × 3 15/16 inches (14.2 × 10 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, of mount, lower right: "25A | n/6"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by Sir Thos. Lawrence."; lower center: "Portrait of Lawrence when a Boy. | London. Published by H. Colburn & R. Bentley. 1831."; lower right: "Engraved by T. A. Dean."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | boy | child | coat | curls | oval | portrait | sash | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Lawrence, Sir Thomas (1769–1830), painter and draughtsman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Anthony Dean, 1801–1860, British, Portrait of Lawrence When a Boy, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.