Sir Peter Lely
- Additional Title(s):
Sir Peter Lely. From an Original Picture by Himself in the Collection of Richard Aldworth Neville Esqr at Billingbear, Berks.
- Stipple engraving with etching on thick, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, smooth, beige modern paper
- Mount: 9 9/16 x 7 inches (24.3 x 17.8 cm), Sheet (cropped inside plate): 7 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches (18.8 x 15 cm), and Image (oval): 4 5/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.8 x 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of modern mount, lower right: "2/6"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "S. Harding del."; lower right under image: "A. Birrell sc:"; lower center: "SIR PETER LELY. | From an Original Picture by himself in the Collection of RIchard | Aldworth Neville Esq.r at Bullingbear, Berks."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | cravat | lace | man | oval | painter | portrait | silk | wig
- Associated People:
- Lely, Sir Peter (1618–1680), portrait painter and art collector
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by A. Birrell, ca.1770–ca. 1820, British, Sir Peter Lely, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.