Sir Peter Lely
- Additional Title(s):
Sir Peter Lely. From an Original Picture by Himself in the Collection of Richard Aldworth Neville Esqr at Billingbear, Berks.
- Stipple engraving with etching on thick, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, smooth, beige modern paper
- 9 9/16 x 7 inches (24.3 x 17.8 cm), 7 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches (18.8 x 15 cm), and 4 5/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.8 x 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of modern mount, lower right: "2/6"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "S. Harding del."; lower right under image: "A. Birrell sc:"; lower center: "SIR PETER LELY. | From an Original Picture by himself in the Collection of RIchard | Aldworth Neville Esq.r at Bullingbear, Berks."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | cravat | lace | man | oval | painter | portrait | silk | wig
- Associated People:
- Lely, Sir Peter (1618–1680), portrait painter and art collector
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by A. Birrell, ca.1770–ca. 1820, British, Sir Peter Lely, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.