Sir John Medina
- Stipple engraving with etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 9 13/16 inches (34.6 x 24.9 cm), Plate: 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (19 x 14 cm), Image: 5 13/16 x 4 7/16 inches (14.8 x 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "3/"; center right: "110"
Lettered, lower center: "Pub.d Bov.r 1 1797 by E. Harding | SIR JOHN MEDINA."; lower right: "E. Harding Sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cravat | curls | man | mantle | painter | paper | portrait | posing | robes | scarf | solemn | thoughtful | wig
- Associated People:
- Medina, Sir John Baptiste de (1659–1710), painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.