Nathaniel Marchant, R.A.
- between 1802 and 1814
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 x 11 1/4 inches (43.5 x 28.5 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 7 15/16 inches (27.3 x 20.1 cm), and Image: 10 3/4 x 7 15/16 inches (27.3 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "D"; lower left: "William DANIELL (aft. George Dance)"; lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "G Dance del.t"; lower center: "Nathaniel Marchant, R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | collar | jeweller | medalist | portrait | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Marchant, Nathaniel (1738/9–1816), gem-engraver and medallist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Nathaniel Marchant, R.A, between 1802 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.