Sir Godfrey Kneller
- Additional Title(s):
Sir Godfrey Kneller, Bart.
- Crayon manner, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 9 15/16 inches (32.1 x 25.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 x 6 7/16 inches (24.2 x 16.3 cm), and Image: 6 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches (17.5 x 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3/ | 25A"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "SIR GODFREY [crest] KNELLER, BART."; lower right: "Cooper sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | baronet | cameo | chain | cloth | coat | costume | cravat | curls | gesture | man | painter | pendant (jewelry) | portrait | sword | wig
- Associated People:
- Kneller, Sir Godfrey, baronet (1646–1723), history and portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (Cooper), Sir Godfrey Kneller, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.