- Thomas Hearne
- Soft-ground etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 13 1/4 inches (49.5 x 33.7 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.4 x 20.1 cm), and Image: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.4 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance Del.t Jany 11, 1795"; lower center: "Thomas Hearne. | Publushed by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, Dec.r 15, 1809"; lower right: "Will.m Daniell, Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Hearne, Thomas (1744–1817), watercolour painter and topographical draughtsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Hearne, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.