IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Thomas Hearne, 1809
- Soft-ground etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 13 1/4 inches (49.5 x 33.7 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.4 x 20.1 cm), Image: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.4 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance Del.t Jany 11, 1795"; lower center: "Thomas Hearne. | Publushed by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, Dec.r 15, 1809"; lower right: "Will.m Daniell, Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Hearne, Thomas (1744–1817), watercolour painter and topographical draughtsman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.