- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 x 9 1/8 inches (29.7 x 23.1 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (17.2 x 13 cm), and Image (oval): 5 1/4 x 4 7/16 inches (13.3 x 11.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "NICHOLAS HILLIARD. | aetatis fuae 30.1577 | from a limning at Penshurst."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | buttons | cap | curls | fancy dress | jacket | man | middle-aged | moustache | nobleman | oval | portrait | ruff | solemn
- Associated People:
- Hilliard, Nicholas (ca. 1547-1619), miniature painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Nicholas Hilliard, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.