- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/8 x 10 13/16 inches (43.5 x 27.5 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Miniature Painter"; on back, lower left: "113 (circled)"; lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "G Dance Delt"; lower center: "Ozias Humphry. | Published for Geo. Dance Esq R.A. Upper Gower Street Jany 3, 1806"; lower right: W Daniell Fec.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | ruffles
- Associated People:
- Humphry, Ozias (1742–1810), miniature and portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Ozias Humphry, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.