Hugh Howard, Esq.
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Mount: 16 3/4 x 12 1/8 inches (42.5 x 30.8 cm), Sheet: 13 3/8 x 9 7/16 inches (34 x 23.9 cm), Plate: 12 13/16 x 8 13/16 inches (32.5 x 22.4 cm), Image: 10 9/16 x 8 13/16 inches (26.9 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "PORTRAIT PAINTER - 1675-1737"; on mount, lower right: "CS 19"; on back of mount, upper left: "99-"; on back of mount, center: "Portrait Painter"; on back of mount, lower right: "25/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "MDahl Pinxt. 1723."; lower center: "Hugh Howard Esqr."; lower right: "I. Faber fecit 1737. | Sold by I. Faber at the Golden Head, Bloomsbury Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | man | oval | portrait | tassel | wig
- Associated People:
- Howard, Hugh (1675–1738), portrait painter and art collector
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Hugh Howard, Esq, 1737
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.