- Hugh Howard, Esq.
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, pasted on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Mount: 16 3/4 x 12 1/8 inches (42.5 x 30.8 cm), Sheet: 13 3/8 x 9 7/16 inches (34 x 23.9 cm), Plate: 12 13/16 x 8 13/16 inches (32.5 x 22.4 cm), and Image: 10 9/16 x 8 13/16 inches (26.9 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "PORTRAIT PAINTER - 1675-1737"; on mount, lower right: "CS 19"; on back of mount, upper left: "99-"; on back of mount, center: "Portrait Painter"; on back of mount, lower right: "25/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "MDahl Pinxt. 1723."; lower center: "Hugh Howard Esqr."; lower right: "I. Faber fecit 1737. | Sold by I. Faber at the Golden Head, Bloomsbury Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | man | oval | portrait | tassel | wig
- Associated People:
- Howard, Hugh (1675–1738), portrait painter and art collector
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Hugh Howard, Esq, 1737
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.