- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 7 7/8 inches (26.5 x 20 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 5 1/4 inches (17.4 x 13.3 cm), and Image: 6 x 4 3/4 inches (15.3 x 12.1 cm)
Lettered, upper right: "P. 453."; center right on palette: "The | Sine of Beauty"; lower left under image: "Seipse pinxit."; lower center: "WILLIAM HOGARTH."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | books | coat | collar | dog (animal) | dowel | drapery | fur cap | gaze | man | oval | paint | paint brushes | palette | portrait | posing | shelf | vest
- Associated People:
- Hogarth, William (1697–1764), painter and engraver
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, William Hogarth, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.