Julius Caesar Ibbetson
- Additional Title(s):
Julius Cæsar Ibbetson, Landscape Painter
- Stipple engraving, crayon manner, line engraving, and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (only top plate mark visible): 9 13/16 x 7 3/8 inches (24.9 x 18.8 cm) and Image: 4 5/16 x 3 9/16 inches (11 x 9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. R. Smith Pinxt."; lower center: "Julius Cæsar Ibbetson, | Landscape Painter. | Born Decr,, 1759 ___ Obit. Octr,, 1817."; lower right: "R. Cooper Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | coat | costume | cravat | landscape painter | man | pen | portrait | ruffle | watercolorist
- Associated People:
- Ibbetson, Julius Caesar (1759–1817), landscape and watercolour painter
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Cooper, ca. 1800–1836, British, Julius Caesar Ibbetson, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.