- Julius Caesar Ibbetson
- Stipple engraving, crayon manner, line engraving, and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 7 3/8 inches (24.9 x 18.8 cm) and Image: 4 5/16 x 3 9/16 inches (11 x 9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3/-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. R. Smith Pinxt."; lower center: "Julius Cæsar Ibbetson, | Landscape Painter. | Born Decr,, 1759 ___ Obit. Octr,, 1817."; lower right: "R. Cooper Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | coat | costume | cravat | landscape painter | man | pen | portrait | ruffle | watercolorist
- Associated People:
- Ibbetson, Julius Caesar (1759–1817), landscape and watercolour painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Cooper, ca. 1800–1836, British, Julius Caesar Ibbetson, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.