- Part Of:
- after 1850
- Aquatint, etching and stipple engraving with color woodcut on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper cut into eight scenes and mounted on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Image (eight images identical in measurement): 2 13/16 x 7/8 inches (7.2 x 2.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, on mount shared with B1977.14.10692a-f, upper right: "96 (underlined)"; center: "Military Set (underlined twice)"; center right: "99 (underlined)"; lower left: "B+B 99 | E / u / - Greek Set (underlined)"; on back, upper left: "£2 | 71 (circled)"; center: "Not in L (crossed out)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boys | buildings | camels | daggers | gesturing | Greek | guns | lake | men | military art | mountains | palm trees | pipes | pointing | rifles | robes | saddles | sashes | spears | swords | talking | tunics | turbans
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Greek set, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.