- View of London Bloomsbury Square
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 25 3/4 inches (50.2 × 65.4 cm), Plate: 17 1/2 × 22 15/16 inches (44.5 × 58.3 cm), and Image: 14 3/4 × 21 3/16 inches (37.5 × 53.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by E. Dayes | The Outline Sketch'd by R. Thew, with an Instrument"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by R. Pollard & F. Jukes"; lettered, lower center: "To his GRACE FRANCIS, DUKE OF BEDFORD, MARQUIS OF TAVISTOCK &c. &c. | THIS VIEW OF BLOOMSBURY SQUARE. | Is with the greatest respect inscribed by his Graces obedient & obliged Servants | Robt. Pollard & Fras.Jukes. London Pub'd Decr, 1, 1787 by R. Pollard Braynes Row, Spa Fields, & F.Jukes, Howland Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Pollard, 1755–1838, British, View of London Bloomsbury Square, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.