IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Leighton Leitch, 1804–1883, British, Castallemare, 1836
- Graphite and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 13 3/4in. (24.4 x 34.9cm), Sheet: 9 5/8 × 13 3/4 inches (24.4 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower center: "Leitch, William Leighton (1804-1883) "Castallemare, Sep.t 3 1836"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | beach | Grand Tour | landscape | seashore
- Associated Places:
- Castellammare di Stabia | Europe | Italy | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.