- Title Page for: A Selection of the Most Picturesque Views in Paris and its Environs
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 13 x 16 inches (33 x 40.6 cm), and Image: 11 x 11 1/2 inches (27.9 x 29.2 cm)
LEPARD (partially obscured)
Lettering, recto, center: "A | SELECTION | OF TWENTY of the most PICTURESQUE | views in | PARIS, | AND ITS ENVIRONS, | Drawn AND Etched | in the Year 1802, by the late | THOMAS GIRTIN; | Being the Only Etchings of that Celebrated Artist: | And Aquatinted in exact Imitation of the Original Drawings, | In the Collection of the | RT. HONBLE THE EARL OF ESSEX."; below, "LONDON: Pubd. March 22. 1803, by M.A. & JOHN GIRTIN, NO. 1, Little Newport Street, SOHO."; and below, right: "Written & Engraved| BY| JNO. GIRTIN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Girtin, ca. 1780–after 1820, Title Page for: A Selection of the Most Picturesque Views in Paris and its Environs, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.