View of Thuilleries and Bridge taken from the Quay d'Orsai
- Aquatint and soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 x 20 1/2 inches (25.1 x 52.1 cm), Image: 6 7/8 x 17 1/8 inches (17.5 x 43.5 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatinted by F.C. Lewis"; lower left: "View of the Thuilleries and Bridge | taken from the QUAY D'ORSAI."; lower right: "Veue des Thuilleries et du Pont, | prise du QUAI D'ORSAI."; lower right: "SUBSCRIN PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pubd decr 16th, 1802, by T. & J. GIRTIN, No1, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO"; and lower right "I"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | boating | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | cane | carriages | cityscape | deciduous trees | dog (animal) | flag | flagpole | horse (animal) | oars | river | riverbanks | rope | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Jardins des Tuileries | Palais des Tuileries | Paris | Seine | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Thuilleries and Bridge taken from the Quay d'Orsai, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.