IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Louvre & Bridge of the Thuilleries taken from Pont Neuf, 1802
View of the Louvre & Bridge of the Thuilleries taken from Pont Neuf
- Additional Title(s):
View of the Louvre & Bridge ofthe Tuilleries taken from Pont Neuf
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 x 20 5/8 inches (25.1 x 52.4 cm), Image: 6 13/16 x 17 5/8 inches (17.3 x 44.8 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin."; lower right: "Aquatinted by Harraden."; lower left: "View of the Louvre & Bridge of the Thuilleries | taken from PONT NEUF."; lower right: "Vue du Louvre et du Pont des Thuilleries | prise du PONT NEUF."; lower right: "SUBSCRN PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pubd Decr 16, 1802, by T. & J. Girtin, No. 1 Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | bridge (built work) | carts | cityscape | horse (animal) | houseboats | houses | people | ships | stairs | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Jardins des Tuileries | Musée du Louvre | Palais des Tuileries | Paris | Pont Neuf | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.