- View of the City with the Louvre &c., taken from Pont Marie
- Soft-ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 x 21 1/2 inches (25.1 x 54.6 cm), and Image: 7 x 18 3/8 inches (17.8 x 46.7 cm)
E & P | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Drawn Etch'd & Pubd by T. Girtin June 25, 1802 | Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | boats | carts | cityscape | horses (animals) | people | river | riverbanks
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Europe | France | Musée du Louvre | Paris | Pont Marie | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the City with the Louvre &c., taken from Pont Marie, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.