- View of Pont St. Michel, taken from Pont Neuf
- Soft-ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 17 11/16 inches (25.2 x 44.9 cm), and Image: 7 x 14 11/16 inches (17.8 x 37.3 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Drawn Etch'd & Pubd by T. Girtin June 28th 1802 | Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | boats | buildings | carts | cityscape | horse (animal) | houseboats | people | stairs | trees | water | wheelbarrow
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Europe | France | Paris | Pont Neuf | Pont Saint Michel | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Pont St. Michel, taken from Pont Neuf, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.