IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Pont St. Michel, taken from Pont Neuf, 1803
View of Pont St. Michel, taken from Pont Neuf
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 17 11/16 inches (25.2 x 44.9 cm), Image: 7 x 14 11/16 inches (17.8 x 37.3 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Giritn."; lower right: "Aquatinted by J.B. Harraden"; lower left: "View of Pont St. Michel, | taken from PONT NEUF"; lower right: "Vue du Pont St. Michel, | prise du PONT NEUF"; lower left: "SUBSCR PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub Jany 1 1803, by JOHN GIRTIN, No.1, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | boats | buildings | carts | cityscape | horse (animal) | houseboats | people | stairs | trees | water | wheelbarrow
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Europe | France | Paris | Pont Neuf | Pont Saint Michel | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.