A General View of Paris taken from Chaillot
- Soft-ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), 10 7/8 x 26 inches (27.6 x 66 cm), and 5 1/2 x 23 inches (14 x 58.4 cm)
E & P | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Etch'd Drawn & Pubd 1802 by T. Girtin [Islington?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | domes | house | park (grounds) | people | rivers | roofs | ships | towers | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris | Quartier de Chaillot | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, A General View of Paris taken from Chaillot, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.