View of the Thuilleries and Bridge, etc., taken from Pont de la Concorde
- Additional Title(s):
View of the Tuileries and Bridge, etc., taken from Pont de la Concorde
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 1/4 inches (46.4 x 66.7 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 15 inches (27.3 x 38.1 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 22 1/8 inches (20.2 x 56.2 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Drawn Etch'd &. Pubd July 6 1802 by T. Girtin | Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | boats | buildings | carriages | carts | cityscape | domes | flags | horse (animal) | houseboats | ladder | people | rivers | smokestacks | spires | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Europe | France | Jardins des Tuileries | Palais des Tuileries | Paris | Pont de la Concorde | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Thuilleries and Bridge, etc., taken from Pont de la Concorde, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.