- View of the Thuilleries and Bridge, etc., taken from Pont de la Concorde
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 1/4 inches (46.4 x 66.7 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 25 inches (27.3 x 63.5 cm), and Image: 8 x 22 1/8 inches (20.3 x 56.2 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatinted by W. Pickett."; lower left: "View of the Thuilleries & Bridge, &c. | taken from PONT de la CONCORDE"; lower right: "Vue des Thuilleries et du Pont, & c | prise du PONT de la CONCORDE."; lower left: "SUBSCRIPTION PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON Pub. Jan. 15, 1803, by JNO. GIRTIN, No.1, Littl. Newport Street."; and lower right: "6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | carriages | carts | cityscape | horse (animal) | houseboats
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Europe | France | Jardins des Tuileries | Palais des Tuileries | Paris | Pont de la Concorde | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Thuilleries and Bridge, etc., taken from Pont de la Concorde, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.