View of Pont Neuf, part of the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the College of four Nations
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 1/4 inches (46.4 x 66.7 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 25 1/2 inches (27.3 x 64.8 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 x 22 7/16 inches (20 x 57 cm)
E & P | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Drawn Etch'd & Pubd July 19th, 1802 by T. Girtin Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges (flat-bottomed watercraft) | barrels (containers) | boats | carriages | coat | domes | horses (animals) | oars | pails | people
- Associated Places:
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Collège des Quatre-Nations | Europe | France | Musée du Louvre | Paris | Pont Neuf | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Pont Neuf, part of the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the College of four Nations, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.