View of the Pont au Change, the City Theatre, Pont Neuf, Conciergerie Prison, &c. taken from Pont Notre Dame
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 22 1/8 inches (30.2 x 56.2 cm), and Image: 9 1/16 x 19 3/16 inches (23 x 48.7 cm)
E & P | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Drawn Etch'd & Pubd July 12, 1802 by T. Giritn Scots Place Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Bourse de Paris | Conciergerie | Europe | France | Paris | Pont au Change | Pont Neuf | Seine | Théâtre de la Ville – Sarah-Bernhardt | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Pont au Change, the City Theatre, Pont Neuf, Conciergerie Prison, &c. taken from Pont Notre Dame, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.