View of the Pont au Change, the City Theatre, Pont Neuf, Conciergerie Prison, &c. taken from Pont Notre Dame
- Materials & Techniques:
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 22 1/8 inches (30.2 x 56.2 cm), Image: 9 1/16 x 19 3/16 inches (23 x 48.7 cm)
E & P | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Drawn Etch'd & Pubd July 12, 1802 by T. Giritn Scots Place Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | river
- Associated Places:
- Bourse de Paris | Conciergerie | Europe | France | Paris | Pont au Change | Pont Neuf | Seine | Théâtre de la Ville | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Pont au Change, the City Theatre, Pont Neuf, Conciergerie Prison, &c. taken from Pont Notre Dame, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.