IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Gate of St. Denis taken from the Suburbs, 1802
View of the Gate of St. Denis taken from the Suburbs
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 x 22 1/4 inches (30.2 x 56.5 cm), Image: 9 1/8 x 19 3/8 inches (23.2 x 49.2 cm)
E & P | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Etchd Drawn & Pubd Sept 29 1802 by T Girtin Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Porte Saint-Denis | Saint-Denis | Seine-Saint-Denis | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.