IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Pont de la Tournelle and Notre Dame taken from the Arsenal, 1802
View of Pont de la Tournelle and Notre Dame taken from the Arsenal
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 x 21 1/4 inches (22.9 x 54 cm), Image: 5 15/16 x 17 7/16 inches (15.1 x 44.3 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Etchd Drawn & Pubd by T. Girtin Aut 17 1802 Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape
- Associated Places:
- Bassin de l'Arsenal | Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris | Europe | France | Paris | Pont de la Tournelle | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.