View of the Palace and Village of Choisi on the Banks of the Seine
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 21 1/8 inches (22.5 x 53.7 cm), Image: 5 15/16 x 18 inches (15.1 x 45.7 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatinted by F C Lewis"; lower left: "View of the Palace & Village of Choisi | on the Banks of the SEINE"; lower right: "Vue du Palais & du Village de Choisi | sur les Bords de la SEINE"; lower left: "SUBSCRN PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pubd. Jany. 1. 1803, by JNO. GIRTIN; No.1, LIttle Newport Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "14"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Choisy-le-Roi | Europe | France | Seine | Val-de-Marne | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Palace and Village of Choisi on the Banks of the Seine, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.