IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View from Palace Terrace at St. Germain en Laye; The Aquaduct of Marli, seen in the distance, 1802
View from Palace Terrace at St. Germain en Laye; The Aquaduct of Marli, seen in the distance
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 x 21 5/16 inches (22.9 x 54.1 cm), Image: 6 x 18 3/8 inches (15.2 x 46.7 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Etch'd Drawn & Pub Augt 9, 1802 by T. Girtin | Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Acqueduct of Louveciennes | Europe | France | Louveciennes | Marly-le-Roi | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Château de | Seine | Yvelines | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.