- View from Palace Terrace at St. Germain en Laye; The Aquaduct of Marli, seen in the distance
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 9 x 21 5/16 inches (22.9 x 54.1 cm), and Image: 6 x 18 3/8 inches (15.2 x 46.7 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Etch'd Drawn & Pub Augt 9, 1802 by T. Girtin | Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Acqueduct of Louveciennes | Europe | France | Louveciennes | Marly-le-Roi | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Château de | Seine | Yvelines | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View from Palace Terrace at St. Germain en Laye; The Aquaduct of Marli, seen in the distance, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.