View of St. Cloud and Mount Calvary taken from Pont de Seve
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 x 21 1/8 inches (20 x 53.7 cm), and Image: 5 x 18 3/4 inches (12.7 x 47.6 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by T. Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatinted by F. C. Lewis"; lower left: "View of St. Cloud & Mont Calvary | taken from PONT de SEVE."; lower right: "Vue de St. Cloud & du Mont Calvaire | prise du PONT DE SEVE."; lower left: "SUBSCRN PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pubd. Decr. 16. 1802 by THOS. & JNO. GIRTIN, No. 1, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Hauts-de-Seine | Pont-de-Sèvres | Saint-Cloud | Seine | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of St. Cloud and Mount Calvary taken from Pont de Seve, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.