- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 4 5/8 inches (14.9 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed upper center, verso, in graphite: "J. Constable"; in graphite, verso, center: "Rochester Castle"; in graphite, verso, lower center: "6084 Ex26"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | castle | columns | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | Medway | Rochester | Rochester Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.