- East View of the Cast Iron Bridge Over the River Wear at Sunderland in the County of Durham
- Aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/4 × 31 1/8 inches (51.4 × 79.1 cm) and Image: 16 13/16 × 29 1/16 inches (42.7 × 73.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Robt. Clarke del."; lettered, lower center: "To Rowland Burdon Esqr. M.P. by whom this Excellent piece of Mechanism was invented, & under whose Patronage it has been carried into Execution | This East View of the CAST IRON BRIDGE over the RIVER WEAR at Sunderland in the Cjounty of DURHAM previous to the Centre being taken down, | Is respectfully dedicated by His humble Servant | Robert Clarke. | Publish'd Octr. 1st 1796 by J&J Taylor, at the Architectural Library, High Holborn."; lettered, lower right: "J. Raffield sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, East View of the Cast Iron Bridge Over the River Wear at Sunderland in the County of Durham, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.