- West View of the Cast Iron Bridge Built by Rowland Burdon, Esq., M.P. Over the River Wear at Sunderland in the County of Durham
- Aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 30 15/16 inches (52.1 × 78.6 cm) and Image: 16 13/16 × 29 1/8 inches (42.7 × 74 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "To the SOCIETY instituted at London for the encouragement of ARTS, MANUFACTURES & COMMERCE; | This West View of the CAST IRON BRIDGE builty by Rowland Burdon, Esqr. M.P. over the RIVER WEAR at Sunderland in the County of Durham, | Is respectfully dedicated, by their humble Servant | Robert Clark. | The Span of the Arch is 236 Feet. Publish'd Feby. 1st. 1798 by J. & J. Taylor at the Architectural Library High Holborn."; lettered, lower left: "Robt. Clarke del."; lettered, lower right: "J. Raffield sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, ( John Raffield fl. 1761-1825 ), West View of the Cast Iron Bridge Built by Rowland Burdon, Esq., M.P. Over the River Wear at Sunderland in the County of Durham, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.