- A Bheesty or Water Carrier
- Chromolithograph on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 9 13/16 x 6 1/2 inches (25 x 16.5 cm), Sheet: 6 13/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17.3 x 13.2 cm), and Image: 6 5/16 x 5 3/16 inches (16.1 x 13.2 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "C Doyly delt."; lower center: "A BHEESTY OR WATER CARRIER."; lower right: "Behar Lith.y"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bheesty | bowl | bull | clouds | cow | genre subject | goats | harnesses | house | hut | Indian | jugs | man | natives | path | sacks | trees | water | water carrier | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, A Bheesty or Water Carrier, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.