A Mussalmaum Schoolmaster
- Part Of:
- Chromolithograph on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 9 15/16 x 6 9/16 inches (25.2 x 16.6 cm), Sheet: 6 13/16 x 5 3/8 inches (17.3 x 13.7 cm), and Image: 6 7/16 x 5 3/8 inches (16.3 x 13.7 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "C D'Oyly delt."; lower center: "A Mulsulmaun Schoolmaster."; lower right: "Behar Lith.y"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archway | blankets | bowls | building | cane | children | drawing (activity) | genre subject | grass | Islam | Islamic (Muslim) | jars | learning | school | shoes | slippers | students | teacher | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, A Mussalmaum Schoolmaster, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.