A Samporea or Snake Catcher
- Part Of:
- ca. 1830
- Lithograph with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 9 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (25.3 x 15.1 cm), Sheet: 7 1/16 x 5 inches (18 x 12.7 cm), Image: 6 5/8 x 5 inches (16.9 x 12.7 cm)
Lettered below image: "C D'Oyly delt. A SAMPOREA or SNAKE-CATCHER. | Behar Li"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | arches | bamboo | baskets | drapery | genre subject | hookah | Indian | pavilion (garden structure) | snake | snake charmer | tiles | trees | viewers
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, A Samporea or Snake Catcher, ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.