- Mary, Queen of France / Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 22 3/4 × 34 inches (57.8 × 86.4 cm), Plate: 19 3/16 × 22 1/2 inches (48.7 × 57.2 cm), and Image: 18 1/16 × 22 1/8 inches (45.9 × 56.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "MARY Queen | of FRANCE"; lettered, lower right: "CHARLES BRANDON | Duke of SUFFOLK"; lettered, lower center: "Her Royal Grace | The QUEEN of FRANCE | Sister of K. HENRY VIII. | Married to LEWIS XII ye FRNCH KING | afterwards | to the Duke of SUFFOLK. | Inscrib'd to the Rt. Honble. JOHN Lord CARTERET Earl of GRANVILLE, from an Original in his possession. | by his most humble & most obedient Servt. G. Vertue."; lettered, lower right: "G.Vertue Sculpt 1748"; lettered, upper right: "PL.III"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, In Memory of Jeanne and Paul Rapoport
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, Mary, Queen of France / Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.