Mr. B Promoted to Lieut. & first putting on His Uniform - Plate 7
- Part Of:
- Aquatint and etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 14 inches (25.5 x 35.5 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 11 5/16 inches (21.5 x 28.8 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 10 inches (16.7 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper right: "59", in red pencil, upper right: "59"; on back, in graphite, lower right: "55551/8 £120"
Lettered, upper center: "Mr. B. Promoted to Lieu:t & first putting on his Uniform"; upper right: "P.7."; lower left: "(picture of an anchor) G Cruikshank Sculp.t"; lower center: "Some are born great, some atchieve greatness' Twelfth Night ___"; lower right: "Pub/d by G Humphrey 27 St James's St London 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- audience | carpet | daughters | dog (animal) | family | father | fittings | genre subject | illustration | midshipman | mirror | mother | painting (visual work) | servants | soldier | son | sword | tricorn | uniform
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Mr. B Promoted to Lieut. & first putting on His Uniform - Plate 7, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.