New Steine and Rock Gardens
- Part Of:
- Lithograph with hand coloring on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 20 7/16 inches (36.4 x 51.9 cm), Image: 8 15/16 x 16 7/16 inches (22.7 x 41.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right, very faint: "9 3/8 x 16 [...]"; on back, lower right: "S 3541/- | Set of 3 | E-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Day & Haghe, Lithrs. to the Queen, Gate St Linc : Inn, Fds. London."; lower center, within image: "BRIGHTON, 1839."; lower center: "NEW STEINE ROCK GARDENS"; lower right, within image: "C. Derby, Esqr. del. | Published for the Benefit of the Sussex County Hospital__Sold by W. H. Mason, Brighton, & H. Hering, 9, Newman St. London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | barrel (container) | beach | bell | boardwalk | boats | bonnets (hats) | boxes (containers) | buildings | cargo | chains | channel (water body component) | city | cityscape | costume | crowd | genre subject | gowns | hats | horses (animals) | labor | luggage | marine art | masts | men | parasols | pier | promenade (walkway) | pulleys | rowboats | sail | sand | sea | shawls | smoke | steam | streets | suspension bridge | top hats | town | wheel | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | English Channel | The Royal Suspension Chain Pier | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Day & Haghe, 1824–1913, British, New Steine and Rock Gardens, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.