- Royal Crescent, County Hospital, St. George's Chapel, Kemp Town
- Lithograph with hand coloring on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 20 15/16 inches (35.5 x 53.2 cm) and Image: 8 15/16 x 17 5/16 inches (22.7 x 43.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right, very faint: "7 3/8 x 14 5/8"; on back, lower right: "S 35 4 1/3 | Set of 3- | E-"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "ROYAL CRESCENT COUNTY HOSPITAL"; lower center: "ST. GEORGE'S CHAPEL"; lower right: "KEMP TOWN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | beach | boardwalk | boats | bonnets (hats) | boxes (containers) | buildings | cargo | carrying | chain | channel (water body component) | child | church | city | costume | figures | frock coat | genre subject | girl | gowns | hats | hills | hospital | labor | landscape | luggage | marine art | men | oars | pier | promenade (walkway) | pulley | railings | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | sand | science | sea | shawls | top hat | town | waves (natural events) | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Brighton Beach | Brighton Pier | East Sussex | England | English Channel | Kemp Town | Kemptown | Royal Crescent, Brighton | Royal Sussex County Hospital | St. George's Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Day & Co., 1824–1913, British, Royal Crescent, County Hospital, St. George's Chapel, Kemp Town, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.