Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Pont au Changes, 1800 to 1802
View of Pont au Changes
- 1800 to 1802
- Hand colored soft-ground etching with brown, gray, and blue wash on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- 9 1/8 x 19 5/16 inches (23.2 x 49.1 cm) and 12 5/8 x 22 13/16 inches (32.1 x 57.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, recto, lower right: "For Views [S]1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Bourse de Paris | Conciergerie | Europe | France | Paris | Pont au Change | Pont Neuf | Seine | Théâtre de la Ville – Sarah-Bernhardt | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.