Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Pont au Changes, undated, 1800 to 1802
View of Pont au Changes
- undated, 1800 to 1802
- Hand colored soft-ground etching with brown, gray, and blue wash on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 x 19 5/16 inches (23.2 x 49.1 cm) and Mount: 12 5/8 x 22 13/16 inches (32.1 x 57.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, recto, lower right: "For Views [S]1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Bourse de Paris | Conciergerie | Europe | France | Paris | Pont au Change | Pont Neuf | Seine | Théâtre de la Ville – Sarah-Bernhardt | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.