- Additional Title(s):
Night, ca. 1790
- Stipple engraving and etching, hand colored on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (oval, cropped to image): 12 7/8 x 10 5/8 inches (32.7 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Night | W. Hamilton | F. Bartolozzi"; across entire back in large letters, "2 0"
Marked on back in blue ink, "Paul Mellon Collection" stamp mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | children | cup | dancing | discussion (meeting) | dog (animal) | family | fire | genre subject | moon | moonlight | night | night | pitcher | rifle | table | window | wood
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Night, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.