- Carisbrook Castle, Isle of Wight
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 × 14 11/16 inches (26.5 × 37.3 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 12 inches (24.8 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/2 × 9 3/8 inches (16.5 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.239"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "31"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Carisbrook Castle, | Isle of Wight. | London, Published March 15, 1830, for the Proprietor, by Robert Jennings & William Chaplin, Cheapside."; lettered, lower right: Engraved by C.Westwood | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Westwood, Active 1819–1838, Carisbrook Castle, Isle of Wight, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.