Freetown, Sierra Leone
- ca. 1850
- Colored lithograph on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 29 3/4 inches (33.3 × 75.6 cm) and Image: 10 1/2 × 25 1/2 inches (26.7 × 64.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "R8111/5"
Lettered, lower left: "DRAWN ON STONE BY A. LABY & J. NEEDHAM AFTER SKETCHES BY M TERRY | The Penelope Mandingo Shore Jail. | The Upper story used as the Court House"; lettered, lower right: "PRINTED AT MC LEAN & CO. LITHOGRAPHIC ESTABLISHMENT 10 ST MARTINS LAN-- | Freetown Church Colonial Office Commissariat"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Auguste François Laby, 1784–1860, Freetown, Sierra Leone, ca. 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.